Your Health Insurance Comes With Free Stuff!
Use your totally free perks.
By law, every health insurance plan comes with free preventive care. Here are some benefits you get for free:
- Annual physical exams
- Annual flu shots
- Routine preventive lab tests
- Contraceptive care & counseling
- Well-woman visits
Learn more about using this free care here!
Get paid for going to the gym.
To get the discount, most companies just require you to go to a gym a certain number of times a year; to prove you did so, you'll print out a history of your visits, and send that history via email or paper mail to your insurance carrier. Note: some companies, like United Healthcare, require you go to certain gyms. Want to find out what gym reimbursements come with your health plan? Just check the list below for the link or Google "[health insurance company name here] fitness reimbursement" and find out more.
Look out for discounts.
Most health insurance companies offer discounts on different services, like weight-loss programs, complementary care (acupuncture, massage therapy, etc.), and over-the-counter vitamins. Several plans even get you discounts on pet insurance!
Perks from popular health insurance companies:
To save you from the headache of excessive Googling, here's a quick list of popular health insurance companies and the benefits they offer. Don't see the company you use? Shoot us an email at .
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Blue365 Program: Available in most states. Get discounts on dental, vision, and hearing products, gym memberships, fitness gear, and more.
- Member Page: Lets you review your health costs, search for and compare doctors, use their cost estimator, and more. To find, go to bcbs[enter your state initials here].com/member
- Capital Blue Cross
- Blue365 Program: Get discounts on dental, vision, and hearing products, gym memberships, fitness gear, and more.
- Member Discounts: Save on things like weight management services, fitness club memberships, tobacco cessation, and even magazine subscriptions.
- Empire BCBS
- Special offers: Discounts on gym memberships, fitness equipment, massage therapists, sports nutrition products, and more.
- Gym Reimbursements: Empire will give you money back for going to the gym 50 times in 6 months. That's only like 8 times a month. C'mon, gym rat--we're talking free money here!
- Live Health: Talk to a doctor via web camera. Pay your copay or $49.
- Savings Center: Save up to 30% on chiropractic, acupuncture, and massage therapy. Get discounts on weight loss programs, eyewear (sometimes 40% off!), Lasik procedures, allergy meds, and more.
- ChooseHealthy: This program lets you save on complementary care visits, fitness clubs (usually 50% off initiation fees & 10% off membership dues), health products, etc. It also has tools to help you achieve your fitness goals.
- Unlimited Doctor Helpline: You can shop for a doctor right from their app, or just click a button and a doctor will call you within the hour.
- Gym Reimbursements: Get $400 a year for going to the gym. Read ourblog post to learn more.
- App: Login with TouchID to look for doctors and see a timeline that has your visits, prescriptions, & lab work all in one place.
- Misfit Flash: Oscar members get this free wearable fitness tracker. If you hit daily goals, you can earn up to $240 a year.
- United HealthCare
- Fitness Reimbursement: Visit a participating gym and get reimbursed $20 for every month you work out at least 12 times. Easy peasy.
- Wellness Coaches: Get coaching over the phone for help with your weight, tobacco cessation, nutrition, exercise, diabetes, and more.
- Discounts: Get discounts on acupuncture, fitness, and more.
- MVP Health Care
- Choose Healthy: This program lets you save on complementary care visits, fitness clubs (usually 50% off initiation fees & 10% off membership dues), health products, and more. It also has tools to help you learn more about health conditions & their treatments.