Do I have mental health insurance coverage?
If you bought a health plan through Stride, then you are in luck! You have mental health insurance coverage. Under the Affordable Care Act (Obamacare), all insurance plans include mental health insurance coverage.
Mental health includes emotional, psychological, and social well-being. A mental health practitioner can help you manage stress and anxiety, or more critical illnesses such as depression or substance use disorders.
Mental health insurance coverage is split into three categories:
- Behavioral treatment such as psychotherapy or counseling
- Mental and behavioral health inpatient services
- Substance use disorder treatment
Depending on your plan, you’ll likely have to pay a fee for mental health services (called a copay) but all plans come with a few free benefits, including:
- Depression screening for adults
- Behavioral assessments for children
- Alcohol misuse screening and counseling
How do I see the mental health insurance coverage for my specific plan?
- Visit the Insurance tab on your Stride dashboard.
- Next, click the blue link that says “View plan info.”
- Scroll down to “Doctors". Click on the link.
- Under the mental health section, click on the link to your plan’s “Summary of Coverage.”
This will take you to your insurance provider’s site, where you can view your individual plan’s document, if you are not brought right to it. You will see a section labeled “mental/behavioral health” or “substance abuse” that looks similar to this:
In this mental health insurance coverage example, the member will pay $35 for each doctor’s visit, or outpatient visit. Your mental health insurance coverage may be different, so follow the steps above to find out the costs under your specific plan.
Have questions? Call Stride Support at 415-930-9110 or email email@example.com. We can help you find your plan’s mental health insurance coverage and help you find the right mental health practitioner for you!